domingo, 14 de febrero de 2010

The Curls of a Long Haired Woman

We met in the first day of June
It was morning but you could still see the moon
Her hair was long up to her waist
It was also curly, it was no waste
She asked my name and didn’t tell hers
But she was so beautiful I thought “Who cares?”
We spoke for a little while
We were gonna be in the same class next year
And the next year was getting near
But the waiting seemed as long as walking a thousand miles

On summer’s eve I got to know her name
She was Columba, a girl with plenty of fame
The most intelligent student in my school
With a strange beauty nobody else understood
A beauty only I could see
That’s why I thought my road to her would be free
Finally three long months had to pass
To see her again; her curls were longer
My desire for her got stronger
It was a challenge for me to have her in my class

It was all about to begin
When I noticed her soul was so pure with no sin
She used to look at me and smile
I used to get nervous ‘cause she had the best style
I finally talked to her, she laughed
And told me some important things between paragraphs
I lived a bus stop before her
We caught the same bus and chatted all the way home
I said lots of things, she said some
We said good bye, I wanted to go back there

She was pretty happy at the start
I shared with her everything inside my heart
Until she knew I was insane
Things changed and she started to complain
Then everything went very hard
In desperation, I sent her some postcards
She just ran away from the bus
Never shared it again
The end of the first chapter; and then
Somebody hit my back and put me a cross

I had a bad year, let me say
She was carved in my mind, each and every day
I couldn’t avoid going mad
If not, I ran behind her; she made me sad
For the first time I got the blues
To beg her or write her poems had no use
One by one, all the stars fell down
Depression came along, ‘til I became numb
From the world I hided, I was deaf and dumb
The king of the losers without his gold crown

I always went to extremes
Didn’t realize I was killing my dreams
A teenager with his first love
Waiting for the arrival of a white dove
With a leaf and a solution
I gave her presents, looking for absolution
She said “Thanks, but that’s not the way
Love is something you can’t buy, not on one night
You’ve got to earn it, is that alright?”
We were friends, but some times she threw me away

Later, she met some of my old friends
We were together, but we were in the ends
My pal Joseph fell in love too
They turned out to be great friends, and they were so true
For her we could die in a can
Her curls were still owned by a foreign man
I saw her kissing her boyfriend
Just a week before Valentine’s Day
So sad I cried all my tears away
Only rival Joseph had a hand to lend

We made a deal for gentlemen
We’ll help each other, but then again
Battle was coming between us
Because of the differences I was a ghost
As he was on the top of the ladder
Lots of details around us began to gather
Now we couldn’t trust anymore
And Columba was in the middle of the walls
And like a piece of glass when it falls
Everything broke when Columba crossed the door

Of course, she was on Joseph’s side
I was defeated, I got nothing to hide
I admitted it, that wasn’t enough
Joseph thought I would return like a bad cough
Without words, he stabbed me in the back
Killed the few affection she had for me; it all cracked
As if I was the devil she hated me
Furthermore, I lost all my old friends for free
What was it he wanted? I don’t know
I had to run away with my feelings low

For a year, I hated both of them
I lost a friendand I lost the most precious gem
They were lovers for a few months
That was it, their love worked for only two months
After that, they tore it all apart
An obsession grew in the depths of my heart
I fell in love with other girls
Then learned to live without her. Had a good year
When everything was cool and clear
However I still missed Columba’s long red curls

It’s been three years since the first time
Maybe three and a half, I think it’s no crime
I’m feeling fine, walking in the mall
Turn around the corner, a girl’s voice calls
It’s Columba, but she’s changed
Her hair is yellow; she has no curls... strange
Says hello, I say it back to her
We don’t stop to speak; we just go on our ways
I’m cured, I wouldn’t come back anyway
But I wonder why she was so sweet, so I stare
It’s good to see her pretty face
She lives in my dreams and that’s the case

2 comentarios:

The retro girl dijo...

You couldnt beg her to stay.

If youre happy, its OK.

Maybe you just need to go on your own way.

And "dont give up!" Thats what i say.

Or something like that...XD

Jaime dijo...

WTF? Me no espikar inglesh, ammm... este... este... digo, this... this... ammm... do a barrel roll!

LOL just kiddin' Jhonn Platano, I woul'd never wrhite someting as long like that.